Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Free Software Arrrr!

It’s amazing how easy it is to get ANY software you want free from the internet these days. I don’t know who these wizards are who figure out how to crack the software, but thank god they’re out there.

I recently realized that some people just don’t know how easy it is, have had bad experiences in the past with torrents (the file that lets you download the program from other people), or just don’t like going to torrent websites because of the vulgar advertising that you’re always bombarded with, so I would like to share the way that I have consistently had a good experience…well, my experience used to be hit-or-miss. I would do a Google search for the software that I wanted, then scour the various results that popped up. Forget that strategy. Just go to Pirate Bay “top 100” and you always find torrents that work. Simply put, statistics work. People see the comments that others post on the torrents that are offered and choose the best one, consistently.
So to get free software there are 2 steps:
1) Download a torrent application (Client)
    - Transmission for Mac (I wish they made it for PC, too)
    - MicroTorrent for PC 
2) Go to "Pirate Bay Top 100" and look for your desired software
    - Download using program

It's easy to say it's easy when you've already figured it out, so I will share the fruit of my downloading with you via a nifty website called DropBox that allows you to upload and share up to 2GB of files for free on the internet and gives public links for files with no maximum file size. Awesome!

Download for free:






No comments:

Post a Comment